Let’s face it. You can only do so much time on the trainer this time of year. If you’re tired of starting at Netflix and sweating all over the garage floor, you’re in luck! The Winter Short Track Series cranks up January 25th here in Charlotte. Once the Christmas season passes, this one gets all sorts of circles on the calendar here at Bicycle Sport. Looking for a reason – or excuse – to ride? Here are five more. You’re welcome.
1. It’s only five, count ‘em, FIVE events! The Winter Short Track Series is perfect for those with short attention spans, or otherwise busy lives. Just long enough to commit to, but not so long that you’ll lose interest.
2. Spectator-friendly. Yes, that means you can bring the kids, the girlfriend, the husband, or your entourage, and they won’t have to trudge through the woods to find the perfect vantage point from which to cheer you on to victory. Or coax you on to the finish.
3. Same place, same time. It’s on Sunday from January 25th through February 22nd. Renaissance Park. Could it be more easy?
4. There’s money on the line. Yep, it’s true! And while that probably doesn’t apply to most of us, it’s pretty cool to know that there’s at least a shot at coming away with a couple of bucks should the stars align in your favor.
5. A reason/chance/excuse to get out there on your mountain bike. Even if you’re a dyed-in-the-spandex roadie, spending some time on the mountain bike is a GREAT way to beef those bike handling skills.
Extra credit and shameless self-promotion. We’re sure you’ll enjoy it so much, you’ll probably want to get a better, newer mountain bike! No, seriously. You really will love it… Here’s the link to sign up and learn more. See you on Sundays!